Here are The Star's Top 10 stories for the week Jan. 26-31.
1. After an appeal to the CIF, Pacifica is awarded the Southern California Regional girls' wrestling team championship, the first team title in school history.
2. Late-game heroics against Moorpark and Thousand Oaks sets Simi Valley up with a Marmonte League boys' soccer first-place showdown with Westlake.
3. In a matchup of Pacific View League wrestling co-leaders, Oxnard defeats Channel Islands.
4. Santa Paula upsets frontrunner Fillmore, 57-53, to set up a four-team race for Frontier League boys' basketball playoff spots over the final two weeks.
5. Agoura's Casey Clark scores nine goals in Marmonte League girls' water polo wins over Royal and Newbury Park.
6. Santa Clara extends its winning streakk to eight games and improves its record to 17-3 - the most wins by the girls' basketball program in 20 years.
7. Antonio Lopez drives the length of the court in the final nine seconds of overtime for a game-winning field goal as time elapses to give Thousand Oaks at 57-55 win over Simi Valley in a matchup of The Star's top two boys' basketball teams.
8. Seeking its 13th Tri-Valley League boys' basketball title in the last 15 years, Oak Park wins twice to move into a first place tie with Oaks Christian.
9. With wins in four of its last five games, Buena moves into second place in the Channel League boys' basketball standings.
10. Thousand Oaks ties Simi Valley and ties for first place in the Marmonte League girls' soccer standings with Westlake.