If you're like most people, there are going to be days you just might not feel like getting out of bed or at least, out of your PJs. Perhaps you've broken up with your boyfriend or girlfriend?
Maybe you've had a fight with a family member or co-worker?
Could it be that your going thru stress over a job change or a move? Maybe you've just got a bad case of the blahs?
What are some great ways to Bust the Blues and get on the road to happy again?
1. Get enough rest - at least 8 hours. Sleep is essential for a person's health, rejuvenation and well-being.
2. Exercise - Exercise triggers those wonderful endorphins that make you feel better. Get moving by taking a brisk walk or go to the gym for a workout. Not only will you immediately have more energy, you'll find that life will appear brighter. Regular exercise will also have you looking your best - which in turn will also contribute to your self-esteem -- and make you feel better!
3. Eat right - Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. Lean meats and fish. Eating well will make you have more energy and stamina. And some really good news - Eat Chocolate! It's been documented that eating a bit of dark chocolate (70% or higher) every day can unleash antioxidants that are good for your heart and cardiovascular system (by lowering blood pressure and cholesterol).
4. Evaluate what you think. If you hear negative tapes in your head. Erase them. Listen to positive people, write down affirmations CUT OUT beliefs and behaviors that don't work for you and only keep you depressed. A session or two of Hynotherapy, which will go right to your subconscious mind, can also work wonders to get you on the right track!
5. Write down your problems and concerns. Make a list of any problems in the personal and/or professional areas of your life. Talk to a counselor or trusted friend about brainstorming solutions. If you don't address what's ailing you, it will only eat away at you.
6. Create a fun social life. Share interests and activities. Make plans with friends, family and associates. Look at the calendar to ascertain what days you will have free for fun activities and PLAN. Search out events in your local area online. You may also want a change of scenery by taking a weekend excursion to a nearby town to explore.
7. Get passionate about a hobby you enjoy - Working at something you love builds self-esteem, satisfaction and makes you feel good because you're expressing yourself!
8. Watch a COMEDY. LAUGH! There's a reason why it's been known to be the best medicine!
9. LISTEN to your favorite music. Music is also known to have tremendous healing and stress-reducing powers.
10. Get thee to a local day spa. Enjoy a yoga class. Take a dip in the hot tub. Get a new hair cut or blow dry. Better yet, treat yourself to a professional body massage to relieve stress and for overall healing. A healing touch can work wonders. Why? Massage therapy helps move lymph fluid around the body and oxygenate organs and tissues. And of course, there's nothing quite like, or as healing, as the human touch. Amen!
11. Pay It Forward. Do something nice for someone else. Giving joy only increases joy.
If you are going through a major life change or upheaval, it would be wise to seek out professional advice from your doctor or making an appointment with a therapist.
There is so much beauty to enjoy in life. Don't stay in a negative state for too long.
Live it to the fullest and enjoy Simply Delicious Living everyday!
For more Body•Mind•Spirit inspirations and great recipes & cooking videos, Visit our Recipe and Video blog at SimplyDeliciousLiving.TV
LISTEN to this PODCAST in iTunes. (View in iTunes and VOTE - 5 stars please!).