Sandy Emberland, Francis Okyere, Penny Strowger, George Corbin & Sylvia Navarro.
This Tuesday party members not only vote in their primaries but we also vote for the leaders of our local party.
The group above is running as a team to represent Democrats on the central committee. To read the list of all the candidates click here.
If you are planning to vote in this contest what questions do you have for the candidates?
If you are running for a seat on your central committee send in a statement and I will post it.
My first question:
Do you believe Hillary Clinton should drop out or take it to the convention if she is behind in total delegates next week?
California Primary Election Democratic Central Committee 2nd District - Ventura County Tues. June 3 Dear Brian, California's Primary Election is fast approaching - a week from today, Tues. June 3rd. If you have not already voted by mail, please take a minute and consider voting for the following candidates for Ventura County Democratic Central Committee for District 2. If you have already voted - thank you for your support. Please share this email with anyone in the 2nd district who may not know us. Candidates for Democratic Central Committee for 2nd District - Ventura County Sandy Emberland, Francis Okyere, Penny Strowger, George Corbin & Sylvia Navarro. We are a team of dedicated Democrats, active in various Democratic clubs and organizations. We have the energy and drive to continue the push to turn Ventura County even more BLUE. To find out a little more about us, check this out - Sandy Emberland
* Pledged delegate for Barack Obama to Democratic National Convention from 24th CD
* Thousand Oaks resident 12 years; married
* Successful event coordinator & fundraiser for Conejo Democratic Club and Central Committee
* Delegate to State convention for 5 years
* Active in voter registration activities, precinct walking and support of local candidates
* Elementary school teacher
* Conejo Valley/Thousand Oaks resident 34 years; married, mother & grandmother
* Past president of a charitable organization
* Evening manager of local Democratic office in 2004
* "Hands on" Democrat, including precinct walking, tabling, voter registration
* President, Western Alliance Insurance Services
* Newbury Park resident, in US for 25 years, born in West Africa; married
* Former president Moorpark Chamber of Commerce, led record-breaking fundraising & membership drive
* Worked with city and state governments, also invited to White House on his successful "shop Moorpark" program
* Expanded his insurance business territory from Van Nuys to Bakersfield
* Secretary, VCDCC
* Conejo Valley/Westlake Village resident 36 years; widowed
* Retired manager - Prudential Insurance Company
* Active officer/chairperson in many organizations; current Director, Healthcare for All, Ventura County
* Delegate for State convention for 3 years
* Adjunct Professor of Business, CLU
* Conejo Valley/Thousand Oaks resident 34 years; married
* Retired Director of Learning & Development - State Farm Insurance Company
* Active in numerous community organizations over the years
* Current major project is on the Ventura County Committee for the Martin Luther King Memorial
We are all dedicated Democrats who want to make a positive change and help the Democratic Party grow in Ventura County.
Sandy, Sylvia, Francis, Penny & George
Ventura County Democratic Central Committee
Vote for these Five
Sylvia O. Navarro
We want to Accelerate Change
Earlier this year, Ventura County turned BLUE!
With more registered Democrats than Republicans in Ventura County now, we will accelerate change to raise the awareness of Democratic politics in our county.
Vote for our team in the
June 3, 2008 primary!
Sandy Emberland has posted on this blog several times. She is going to be a Pledged delegate for Barack Obama at the convention this year.
To read their platform click here.
Laura Winchester has been a regular contributer to this blog for the last couple of years. She has also been involved in Simi Valley by helping candidates and attending events.