The ordeal between Mike Dunn and the union that represents teachers is over with mike Dunn admitting his mistakes and the teachers' union dropping their complaint in return.
Click on continue reading for the press release.
Click here for a past entry where Mike Dunn took questions from readers. What is your favorite response that he posted?
With this maybe all the sides in CVUSD will get back to work.
September 15, 2008
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For Additional Information Contact:
The Unified Association of Conejo Teachers (UACT) is glad to announce a settlement has been reached with the Conejo Valley Unified School District over Unfair Labor Practice Charges that School Board Member Mike Dunn had violated the Educational Employment Relations Act. UACT is satisfied with the settlement and happy that the teachers of the Conejo Valley can once again give their complete attention to the job of preparing Conejo Valley students for success in college or career. UACT Executive Director Arleigh Kidd said, "UACT never lost faith in the system and feels the rule of law has been upheld and we consider this matter now closed." In terms of the agreement that was signed by both parties (including Mr. Dunn) it is included with this press release in its entirety####
In the interest of promoting harmonious labor relations between the parties and to avoid the uncertainty, inconvenience, and expense of litigation, the Unified Association of Conejo Teachers (UACT) and the Conejo Valley Unified School District (District), in settlement of the above-captioned unfair practice charge before the Public Employment Relations Board, agree as follows:
1. A dispute has arisen between the parties concerning the communications from Board Member Michael Dunn to UACT unit members.
2. Mr. Dunn acknowledges that his communications to unit members in December 2006, and postings to his website in February 2006, amounted to direct dealing with unit members, and in so doing bypassed, undermined, and derogated UACT's authority as exclusive representative in violation of the Educational Employment Relations Act. Mr. Dunn promises to cease and desist from such conduct in the future.
3. In further acknowledgement of the misconduct outlined in paragraph 2, Mr. Dunn will complete at least three hours of training in responsibilities and prohibitions for board members in collective bargaining.
4. The District likewise acknowledges that Mr. Dunn's conduct described in paragraph 2 was a violation of the Educational Employment Relations Act. Mr. Dunn did not act with the District's knowledge or consent, and the District disavows such conduct.
5. Unified Association of Conejo Teachers hereby withdraws Unfair Practice Charge No. LA-CE-4946-E.
6. This Settlement Agreement represents a full and complete resolution of the claims and disputes between the parties based upon the above-referenced matter.