Login | Member Center | Contact Us | Site Map | Archives | Alerts | Subscribe to the paper

HomeBlogsSteve Greenberg's Cartoons

« The age issue |  Main  | So, vote! »

November 2, 2008

Prop. 8

qqxsgProp8.jpg

Although I'm not a Libertarian, Prop. 8 kind of begs the question, "if two people find happiness together, and it doesn't directly affect you, then why should that be any source of unhappiness for you?" Or, isn't the idea of people being committed, and not promiscuous, a positive thing?

Comments

I agree wholeheartedly. While I may not choose a homosexual relationship, I don't see how someone else choosing one affects me negatively. I therefore fail to understand the reasoning behind beliefs and actions taken against such relationships.
Come on, people, just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it right to enforce your own prejudices/morals/beliefs on the people with whom you disagree.

Posted by: Kristen at November 3, 2008 12:31 AM

Mr. Greenberg, Joseph Goebbels could've used your talents.

Look folks - ask yourselves if you're OK with exposing your children to an alternate lifestyle that is being pushed into the realm of normalcy by people like Greenberg and the Gay agenda. Are you just fine with your kids exploring and perhaps embracing a gay relationship? Society has become fashionably ambivalent because propaganda like the above cartoon and are afraid to take stand for fear of being labeled a hateful person. Look who's calling the kettle black, eh Mr. Greenberg?

Teach your children what's right and wrong, teach them tolerance, to respect themselves and others but do not give in to this social madness that's being forced upon us.

Posted by: Victor at November 3, 2008 8:25 AM

I would be just fine with my child exploring a homosexual relationship. I would love them no matter what they did. It's not my right to chose who they date and what sexuality they are. I would have my children educated on homosexuality so that they don't go out and bully a homosexual person or exclude any other children who happen to have same-sex parents.
We've kept this issue in the jar for way too long. It's time to bring it out, like we did with women and different races.

Marriage having any kind of 'sanctity' is only an opinion and a belief. You have NO right to force your beliefs on anyone and affect their life, it's a violation of the amendments.

Posted by: Gillian at November 3, 2008 11:39 PM

Why is it that Victor had to bring the Nazis into the conversation to attack Mr. Greenberg? That is dumb. Victor, do you really think people choose to be gay? When did you choose to be straight?

Posted by: G at November 27, 2008 8:02 PM

I think the only "gay agenda" out there is the desire for 1) equal rights and 2) to be tolerated. Doesn't sound too bad to me.

Well, actually, I don't think there is a gay agenda, it's just a phrase coined by idiots to spread their own agenda.

Also, godwin's law.

Posted by: MMR at January 19, 2009 10:12 PM

Ok, Victor, you just totally made the assumption that being gay was a bad thing, That's called Homophobia, You got a nasty case of it muchacho. You also made the assumption that one can be forced or coerced into homosexuality. maybe i missed the memo, but nobody forced me to be straight, It just came with the packaging, you know what i mean?

Posted by: Ryan at April 28, 2009 11:00 PM

I was NEVER exposed to homosexual relationships at all until my late high school years. The one time when I was seven I asked my parents what "lesbian" meant. They told me what lesbians were, and told me that all lesbians go to hell because being a lesbian is a sin. Before I encountered my first gay relationship the topic of gay marriage came up and my parents were both very explicit in the fact that they thought it was wrong and sinful.

Needless to say, I will still invite them to my "committment ceremony," since my state doesn't have domestic partnerships or civil unions, to my loving "fiancee" and soon to be "wife." I don't think they will be in attendance, though.

Even without ANY exposure to homosexual "agendas" I am still a lesbian. Straight people can raise gay children.

Posted by: Nikki at May 27, 2009 3:24 PM