If you're like me I am working on my taxes...ugh. This year I am also working to make sure I am not paying more taxes than I need to (especially when states are sending out IOU's instead of checks).
I'm always looking for solid information and sound advice for, not only today, but the future. There are many resources out there to help us with tax planning and financial planning. For military, we encounter unique tax challenges and sound information is 'golden'. Sorry - couldn't resist the temptation...LOL.
So, I want to pass along a few resources available for us...if you have other resources - please pass them along on this blog!
1. VITA - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance...these volunteers are trained and experienced with the unique tax challenges (combat pay, etc.) of the military. Their services are free and even include the ability to efile your return. They are available on your local base. Contact your local FFSC/ACS for their contact information and location.
2. Military One Source - is offering free tax consultants and e-filinMOS is again offering H&R Block's tax g for active duty, Guard, Reserve and family memebers. Logon to www.miltiaryonesource.com or call 800-730-3802 for assistance.
3) Military One Source - is offering webinars "Managing Your Money in today's Economy. Two webinars times are offered for our convenence; Feb 26th at 8:00pm Eastern or Feb 27th at 4:00pm.
4) Turbo Tax continues to offer free federal tax filing with Turbo Tax. logon to www.turbotax.com.
5) USAA - J.J. Mantanaro and Laurel Bragg, USAA's Financial Planners and Financial Counselor will bring their webinar "Tips to Save This Tax Season and Beyond..." February 19th; 8:00pm Eastern.
Ok, that is the start of my list...let me know if you have utilized these resources or know of more to add to my list!
PS: I'm joining both webinars from MOS and USAA - join me there!